Skip to main content

EDD Assistance Form

EDD Form

EDD Claims: What You Should Know

  • The easiest way to apply for a claim with the Employment Development Department is through filing online.
  • If you have questions regarding your claim, take a look through their Frequently Asked Questions page for Unemployment Insurance or Disability Insurance/Paid Family Leave to see if they have an answer for your inquiry. Don’t see it listed? See Ask EDD for assistance.
  • If you prefer to receive assistance by a live representative, you can call EDD or find the EDD Field Office closest to you.
    • For the appropriate number for your type of claim and preferred language, please see here. Assistance from representatives is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
    • If you have trouble reaching a live representative over the phone, please remember that persistence is key when calling EDD. We strongly recommend calling first thing in the morning to have the greatest chance at connecting with a representative.

If you have attempted all of the tips above and have not gotten a response after two weeks of contacting EDD, please fill out the form below.

Please note that we are only able to assist constituents who live in Assembly District 16. If you are unsure if Assemblymember Bauer-Kahan is one of your state representatives, check here.

Assistance Form
Contact Information
What is your issue?
Have you certified for ALL weeks pending of benefits?
Have you contacted another elected official?



Please carefully read the following:


By completing this form, I am requesting the Office of Assemblymember Bauer-Kahan (the “Assemblymember”) to assist me in working with the Employment Development Department (EDD) on my claim. I acknowledge that this may require the release of information contained in my records the dissemination of which may be prohibited by law. Therefore, I hereby authorize EDD and the Assemblymember to share all relevant portions of my records with each other, and to discuss matters relating to those records and my claim, until my claim is resolved.


I agree that I will not submit any personal identifiable information through this form that is not specifically requested. If the Assemblymember’s office needs additional information, such as my EDD number, the office will contact me to request that information.

Zip code entered is outside of the District. Please use the Find Your Rep webpage to find your District Representatives.